- About Us
- Our Work
- In The News
- Social Media
- Contact Us
Michigan is a state deeply divided by race, in a time when Diversity and Inclusion are more important than ever to create opportunity for all and equity within our region.
Michigan Roundtable for Diversity and Inclusion, since 1941, is Michigan’s leading organization in reaching out to address racial, ethnic, gender, religious and other cultural tensions in organizations, educational, religious, municipal, and other communities.
Michigan Roundtable’s Diversity, Organization Development, Consulting and Education approach provides tools and support to leverage diversity and advance inclusion in organizations and communities. We work with corporations, communities, local businesses, healthcare and education systems, police departments, municipal governments and religious groups. Our collaborative approach involves working with clients to clarify their own business cases for Diversity and Inclusion so they can position it as a strategic approach to better human relations, improve productivity, and increase impact on the bottom line. By understanding the various human relations issues including racism, religious discrimination and other cultural biases, improvements can be made to eliminate barriers to success.
Products: (available for tailoring to your specific needs).
- Communication, Culture and Conflict. A discussion oriented session focusing on Culture, Communication and Conflict and how, through increased knowledge in each of these areas, effective cross cultural and intercultural communication is achieved (3 hour session for groups).
- Cultural Awareness and Competencies. A highly interactive dialogue oriented session focusing on identifying the stereotypes held by individuals across cultures, generations, ethnicities, genders, etc. and the competencies required to relate more effective (2 or 4-hour session for groups).
- Diversity, Inclusion and the role of Senior Leadership. An interactive, dialogue oriented session which identifies opportunities for agency, community and organizational leaders to promote Diversity and Inclusion as a strategic tool to increase performance and productivity. It asks the question, "How can you use Diversity and Inclusion" to leverage increase performance and productivity? (6-hour session for Senior Leadership).
- Intergenerational Dialogue. An experiential session which looks at generations currently in many workplaces, from the "Silent Generation" born 1925-1942 to the "Millennial Generation" born 1984-2000 and the challenges they face working together. Values, ideologies and other factors from the decade in which they were born that influences their world view and impact behaviors are investigated. (4-hour session tailored for intact groups).
- Trading Places. A highly engaging and interactive dialogue program which explores diversity as a means to creat corss cultural understanding and respect. Participants identify the human relations barriers that often challenge our best efforts to live and work together better. (Three 3-hour sessions, two 4-hour sessions, or on full 8-hour session for groups).
- Valuing Diversity and Building High Performance Teams. An activity, group and dialogue based session which looks at the components of high performing teams and the connection to valuing Diversity and Inclusion. (4 or 8-hour session for groups).
- Retreats. Michigan Roundtable will customize and facilitate a 2-day retreat for you which combine and expand any two session that you choose. (Retreats and Sessions: 15 minimum - 50 maximum participants).
Services: (available as consulting only or with Michigan Roundtable providing the service tailored to your specific needs).
- Analysis - Collaborate with leadership to establish an business case for Diversity and Inclusion that aligns with existing organizational strategies and operations.
- Design and Development - Offer customized design and development services for education sessions and interventions which align with your operational goals and corporate strategies.
- Education and Facilitation - Provides education service with our products and facilitation service for your process improvement.
- Organization Development - Offers O.D. consulting as it pertains to Diversity and Inclusion (e.g., how do you: attract and retain? Promote competencies and behaviors that value diversity? Promote your culture? Recruit? Build internal capacity? Position Diversity and Inclusion as a strategic tool to increase revenue? etc.).
- Strategic Planning - Collaborate with you to formulate strategies for increased employee and organization performance. (Offered in an hourly or retreat format).